From the Writings of Luisa Piccarreta
September 17, 1905 Volume 6
Jesus: “Everyone can share in the merits of the goods produced by the sorrows of my Mother.
- One who, in advance, places herself in the hands of the Providence, offering herself to suffer any kind of pains, miseries, illnesses, calumnies, and everything which the Lord will dispose upon her, comes to share in the first sorrow of the prophecy of Simeon.
- One who actually finds herself in a state of suffering, and is resigned, clings more tightly to Me, and does not offend Me, it is as if she were saving Me from the hands of Herod; and I am safe and sound in her custody, within the Egypt of her heart. So she participates in the second sorrow.
- One who feels gloomy, dry, and deprived of my presence, and remains yet firm and faithful to her usual practices – even more, she takes the opportunity to love Me and search for Me more, without tiring – comes to share in the merits and goods which my Mother acquired when I was lost.
- One who, in any circumstance, feels sorry in seeing Me gravely offended, despised, treaded upon, and tries to repair Me, to compassionate Me, and to pray for those who offend Me – it is as if I encountered in that soul my own Mother, Who would have freed Me from the enemy, had She been able to do it. So she shares in the fourth sorrow.
- One who crucifies her senses for love of my Crucifixion, and tries to imitate the virtues of my Crucifixion within herself, participates in the fifth one.
- One who is in a continuous attitude of adoring, of kissing my wounds, of repairing, of thanking etc., in the name of all mankind, it is as if she were holding Me in her arms, just as my Mother held Me when I was deposed from the Cross, and she shares in Her sorrow.
- One who remains in my grace and corresponds to it, giving refuge into her heart to no one else but Me, it is as if she would bury Me in the center of her heart. And she shares in the seventh one.”